Gone are the drab hues of grey and pumice stone. British Vogue editors have decided to splash some color into our overcast cloudy days. If your budget won’t allow for a whole new wardrobe, simply add a liner of fleece to all your summer gear. Better yet, make yourself a few skin tight fleece body suits to wear under all your summer gear! Or, you can simply layer it up. Put one piece on top of another until you are sufficiently warm. Then add a pair of tights and boots and voila, you are on-trend.
I know… it’s only October so why are we discussing winter fashion? Because… we all have to organize.
Here’s a few things you’ll need to do after work today.
1. Buy or borrow a sewing maching
2. Research fabric stores in your area
3. Research local liquor stores (or AA meetings for those of you who are sober)
4. Find 3-4 friends who are willing to sew with you
A few weeks from now
1. Invite your friends over for a fleece undergarment sewing party
2. Buy more liquor if you’ve already drank your previous stash
3. Learn how to thread your machine (this is always a buzz kill to any sewing project)
4. Purchase as much fleece as your budget allows
The night before your sewing party
1. Go to a late night Kinko’s and purchase a reem of paper
2. Lay out your fleece options
3. Locate you scissors
THE DAY OF THE PARTY!
1. Put on your fanciest underwares (you’re going to want a tight fit so be brave) and pink lipstick
2. Greet your guests with hot chocolate and a bathrobe
3. Lay out all the supplies
HOW TO MAKE A FLEECE UNDERGARMENT FOR YOUR SPRING CLOTHING
1. Lie on the paper
2. Have a friend outline your body
3. Pin the paper to your fleece
4. Cut 2 pieces of fleece
5. Sew around the edges
I’m not a seamstress nor do I sew nor am I designer nor do I know how to make fleece undergarments to wear under your spring dresses to stay on trend. I’m only suggesting this as an option.